Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Artist Statement

              My biggest inspiration in life is music, and if one day I get to work in a field that is at least a tiny bit related to it, I would be 100% fulfilled. Music has been the one stable thing in my life that brings me true, untainted joy. It may not be able to completely solve the issues in my life, but it absolutely gives me a break from them. I wouldn't say that there was a defining moment in my life that made me so infatuated with music, I think at some point something just clicked. In high school I made the conscience decision to always look for new and different music to listen to, and become as well versed as a person can be.
              I'm inspired by musicians who give all of the attention to the music their creating, such as the rapper MF Doom, who has not even shown his face since taking up his super-villain persona. Their is no ego or unnecessary frills when it comes to artists such as him; the music they create speaks for itself. I want to exercise this philosophy with whatever I end up creating in my life. I want my art to exist on its own. Overall, I think my ultimate goal is to just be able to share the joy that music gives me to other people, possibly in the form of a radio or podcast show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment